Home and School Visitor
The Home and School Visitor is a Masters level social worker with a Home and School Visitor Certificate through the PA Department of Education.
The following is a listing of some of the duties and responsibilities of the Home and School Visitor:
- Facilitate optimal learning opportunities for students, by working closely with the student, their family, school staff and administration, pupil services team, external referral sources, and community and neighborhood organizations.
- Meet with students individually and in small groups to support their social and emotional health.
- Act as the intermediary between home and school.
- Serve as a member of the Student Assistance Program (SAP) team/Core Team.
- Coordinate and/or participate in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Verify residency.
- Connect families with appropriate resources.
- Coordinate homeless services.
- Act as a liaison between school and community based agencies (ex. Allegheny County CYF, Allegheny County Family Court, local police forces, etc)
- Assist in enforcing the compulsory school attendance laws and regulations including completing all necessary forms and letters with the cooperation of the principals, teachers, parents, and other administrators.