Option 1: Hybrid
UPDATED AUGUST 13, 2020
For families choosing in-person instruction, the District will begin the year under a hybrid model. The District will continue to monitor the latest data and guidelines daily and will communicate any changes to this plan as needed.
- The first day of instruction for all students is August 24, 2020.
- All students (K-12) will be provided with a District-issued technology device. While the 2020-21 budgeting process was difficult and included significant reductions, this investment was necessary to ensure the continuity of education for all students.
- The hybrid model allows for two days of in-person instruction with extensive safety precautions in place and three days of remote learning via Google Classroom (K-8), or Schoology (9-12), with both synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- Synchronous learning is live instruction that happens in real-time through Google Meet virtual classroom. This may include direct instruction, group activities, independent practice monitored by the teacher, and various application and assessment activities.
- Asynchronous learning occurs online without real-time, live instruction and includes prerecorded lessons, assignments, and resources for students to view at their own pace.
- Students with last names beginning with A-K and all Parkway students will attend school in person on Mondays and Tuesdays. These students will engage in remote/online learning from home on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. (Parkway students will only attend Parkway on Mondays and Tuesdays, as PWCTC has decided to offer their programming in a hybrid model.)
- Students with last names beginning with L-Z will attend school in person on Wednesdays and Thursdays. These students will engage in remote/online learning from home on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
- All students will engage in remote/online learning on Fridays.
- Families with different last names living in the same household should contact building principals to make arrangements for students from the same home to attend on the same schedule.
- Class rosters will be released on or before August 18, 2020.
- We encourage families who wish to transition into/out of CV Cyber to work with your principal to identify an appropriate time to transition (i.e. end of 9 week grading period).
- Teachers will report to their assigned building for both in-person and remote instructional time, unless state or county mandated closures are announced.
- Some students with complex learning needs may need to attend in-person instruction more than two days per week. IEP/ESP teams will meet with parents to discuss options and make determinations based on individual students' needs.
- Students are automatically enrolled in Hybrid unless they have applied for CV Cyber.