UPDATED SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
- Remote Learning Tips
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Community Childcare Contacts
- Internet and Technology Resources
- Special Education and Support Resources
- Counseling and Mental Health Resources
- Financial Assistance
Whether your family has chosen the hybrid or fully-remote option, establishing a designated work space and daily routine will help your student(s) to be successful in their learning.
- Google Meet Virtual Classroom (live video chat) guidelines
- How to Create an At-Home Learning Space for Your Child
- How to Set Up a Virtual or Homeschool Learning Space
- Sample Schedules for Remote Learning
- Help Kids Fight Cyberbullying
- Boost Kids' Safety, Privacy, and Security (K-5)
- Boost Kids' Safety, Privacy, and Security (6-12)
- Screen Time ‘Diet’ for Teens during Lockdown - Advice for Parents
The Chartiers Valley School District's Reopening and Planning Task Force is working closely with a variety of agencies which are providing guidance specifically for schools. Some of these include:
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Preliminary Guidance for Phased Reopening
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Guidance for School Re-entry
- PA Governor Wolf's Office
- PA Department of Health
- Allegheny County Health Department
To monitor your health and perform daily COVID-19 symptom checks, use these helpful sites and mobile apps:
- McKeesport, PA Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing Center information
- Daily Student Screening Checklist
- CDC - Symptoms of COVID-19
- WebMD COVID-19 Symptom Checker
- "Corona Checker" mobile app - asks a series of questions to help the user identify COVID-19 symptoms
- "HealthyNKED Covid-19 Tracker" mobile app - identifies hot spot areas of high community spread
- The Allegheny Child Care Finder
Trying Together, in collaboration with Allegheny County, the City of Pittsburgh, the United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania, and others, has developed a valuable resource for finding open child care spots in Allegheny County. The Allegheny Child Care Finder website enables families to search for available child care spots at early learning, after-school, out-of-school, and virtual programs in real time.
- Extended Day Services (EDS) is a before and after school enrichment and recreation program offered to CV Primary, Intermediate, and Middle School families within Primary and Intermediate schools. Click here for more information.
- ABC Daycare - 412-344-4422
- Chartiers Street Day Care - 412-257-8141
- Early Enrichment - 412-429-1200
- Kids & Us - 412-344-3133
- KinderCare Learning Center - 412-221-1777
- Red Balloon Daycare - 412-429-8988
- Red Balloon Early Learning Center - 412-716-9920
- Sunny Days - 412-220-0284 / 412-779-9507
- Tender Care - 412-279-1007
- Wee Care Daycare - 412-446-0033
- Infinite Campus will be utilized for recording student attendance on remote learning days. Students or parents should login daily to submit attendance.
- How to update a student's or parent's password in Infinite Campus - video
- How to update a student's or parent's password in Infinite Campus - PDF
Google Classroom Tutorial for Parents/Guardians and Students
- The CV Cyber committee has created a tutorial video to help guide parents/guardians and students in using Google Classroom.
Schoology Access Instructions
- Returning high school students can use these instructions for accessing existing Schoology accounts.
- Rising 9th grade students and parents will receive Schoology access codes with Welcome back information on August 18.
Free and Reduced Rate Internet
- If you/your student does not have internet access, some providers are offering free or reduced rate service at this time.
- Xfinity hotspots may be available in your area. They have opened this service for free to anyone who is able to connect. Use your device to search for a wifi connection called Xfinity or XfinityWIFI, click and connect.
- Comcast is offering two months of free internet service to low income households so that students can engage in online learning. For more information, visit https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19
shopmobile/internet/access/ ( Phone: 855-220-5211)
T-Mobile for Education has developed two offers available for a 12 month virtual/digital learning environment. For more information, visit https://www.t-mobile.com/
Option #1 - Hotspot is free. $20/month for truly unlimited data, 12 month term with the ability to suspend during summer months (this is flexible).
Option #2 - Hotspot is $42. $10/month for 2GB data (free 20 GB of data for the next 60 days), 12 month term with the ability to suspend during summer months (this is flexible).
Chartiers Valley Technology Helpdesk
- Technology help with accessing CVSD resources is available by contacting email@example.com or 412-429-2290. Inquiries will be addressed within 24 hours.
- For questions regarding Special Education and Student Services, please contact the Director of Pupil Services, Ms. Regan Weldon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Occupational Therapy related activities that would be beneficial to participate in for the further development of fine motor, visual and coordination skills.
Physical Therapy activities to help with balance, strength and gross motor coordination.
Speech and Language
Free downloads containing all consonants at the word level, phrase level, sentence level, and stories organized by sound in all word positions (ex. initial, medial, final).
Free downloads with word lists, games and sentence strips for each sound organized by position of sound in words (i.e. initial, medial, final)
Online games for receptive and expressive language.
Speech and Language Home Suggestions - provides information, tips and tricks, activities and games for parents to work on their child's articulation and/or language IEP goals at home.
Articulation Calendars - contains articulation activities for children to complete each day of the week.
Language Calendars - contains language rich activities for a child to complete each day of the week.
- Parent UP: An Empowering Virtual Parenting Series (September 2020)
- Counseling resources compiled by the CVHS Counselors
- Counseling resources compiled by the CVMS Counselors
- Counseling resources compiled by the CVIS Counselor
- Embrace Pittsburgh - MindHacks and other resources
- SAP - UPMC Resources helping vulnerable children cope
- Local Counseling Agencies available
- PHEAA Financial Aid Information
Updates from NACAC (National Association for College Admissions Counseling) for high school seniors to stay informed.
- Coping with Anxiety Surrounding Coronavirus
Video of MS Teacher Mrs. Bautista on self care and creativity (includes a guided meditation)