Prior to joining the Chartiers Valley School District Dr. Johannah Vanatta served as an educator in administrative capacities since 2007; as Assistant Superintendent within the North Hills School District, and as a building level administrator within the North Hills School District. Prior to serving in educational administration, she taught middle and high school students in the contents of English and history.
Dr. Vanatta earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in English and a minor in History from West Virginia University, Masters of Arts in Secondary Education with an emphasis in English also from West Virginia University, and K-12 Principal Certification from California University of Pennsylvania. She earned her Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility from University of Pittsburgh where she also completed her doctorate in education. Dr. Vanatta’s dissertation is entitled “Going from Good to Great, A Study of Teacher Induction Programs.”
Dr. Vanatta joined the Chartiers Valley School District in March of 2018. Where she had the opportunity to see the middle school and high school construction project to a closure. During her tenure thusfar she and “her” team have successfully drafted and submitted a strategic plan which provide foci to:
- Create Equitable opportunities for academic growth for all students K-12.
- Evaluation of district curricula to ensure standards alignment and solid foundational structure.
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment.
- Provide global skills to produce “life ready graduates” who are able to collaborate, problem, and communicate in a global society.
- Provide robust curricular and extra-curricular offerings while maintaining sound fiscal responsibility.
Community and communication are an important focus and essential to the productivity of the school District in many capacities. Therefore, correspondence regarding annual matters, safety, and District progress deemed as a priority. Please see below to the communicative pieces published within this administration.