Charter Schools wishing to submit a proposal to the Chartiers Valley School District should follow the proposal review process:
- Initial screening of the proposal by the Chartiers Valley School District application review team. The team evaluates the proposal using criteria established by the state and school district.
- Scheduling of a public hearing before the Board, held within 45 days of application submission.
- Applicant interview conducted by the District’s application review team.
- District’s review team presents its findings and recommendation to the Board of Public Education at an Education Committee Meeting.
- Board vote to approve or deny the applicant’s proposal. The vote must occur not less than 45 days but not more than 75 days after the public hearing.
Dogwood Charter School
- Proposal submitted to Chartiers Valley School District (November 13, 2020)
- Notice of Hearing sent to Dogwood Charter School and posted publicly (December 7, 2020)
- Testimony Presentation by Dogwood Charter School Founding Members (December 22, 2020)
- Presentation of Findings by Chartiers Valley School District - February 9, 2021
- Resolution of the CVSD Board of Directors denying the charter application submitted by Dogwood Charter School
- School Board Vote - February 23, 2021