As your child gets ready for Kindergarten, review the following skills and resources to prepare for the first year of primary school.
1. Physical Development & Motor Skills
- Gross motor skills activities for little kids
- Motor skills for preschoolers
- Improve kids' fine motor skills with 30 materials & activities
- Kindergarten hand exercises
2. Language Development & Letter Recognition
- 10 letter recognition activities
- Letter recognition: Creative and hands-on ways to teach the alphabet
- Practice name writing in 12 fun ways for preschoolers
- Creative and fun name activities
3. Academic Skills/Cognitive Development
- 8 ways to teach children their address and phone number
- Safety Skills: How to teach your child to memorize his phone number
- Book and print awareness: Getting ready to read
4. Social Emotional Skills
By the end of Kindergarten in English Language Arts, I can...
By the end of Kindergarten in Mathematics, I can...
I can count to 100 by ones.
I can count to 100 by fives (to 50 in 1st semester).
I can count to 100 by tens (to 50 in 1st semester).
I can write the numbers 0-20 (0-10 in the 1st semester).
I can recognize the numbers 0-20 (0-10 in the 1st semester).
I can count objects up to 20 and print the corresponding number (to 10 in 1st semester).
I can compare groups of objects. I can compare two written numerals.
I can show addition using objects within 10.
I can show subtraction using objects within 10.
I can show what number is needed.
I can quickly and accurately add numbers to 5.
I can quickly and accurately subtract numbers to 5 (without manipulatives).
I can name and describe 2-dimensional shapes.
I can name and describe 3-dimensional shapes.
I can sort objects and show data on a graph.
I can describe and compare the length, weight, and capacity.
If you have questions regarding Kindergarten curriculum, please contact one of the following individuals:
Enrollment: Kelly Mannering, email@example.com
Curriculum and Instruction: Dr. Misty Slavic, Assistant Superintendent, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Questions: Anissa Rosenwald, Building Principal, email@example.com