UPDATED August 18, 2022
• The Pennsylvania Department of Health (PADOH) is asking schools to refer to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance regarding COVID-19 mitigation and response efforts.
• Likewise, PADOH will defer to the (CDC) regarding all COVID-19 guidance.
• You can find information linked at the PADOH’s and CDC’s updated school guidance
pages, respectively. Those websites can be accessed here:
• The following are the most significant changes gleaned from the revisions:
- Quarantine is no longer required regardless of vaccination status
- Isolation when COVID positive, regardless of vaccination status, is reduced to five days
- Asymptomatic testing is no longer recommended
The CDC and Allegheny County are asking those who are COVID positive to continue to wear masks for five additional days after their five day isolation period.