Peer Helpers are 5th grade students who have excellent grades, behavior, and attendance. They are very mature, intuitive, great communicators, and have a caring and positive attitude.
What are some of the areas 5th grade Peer Helpers will learn and assist with at our school?
- Always being an excellent example of a model student to others.
- Help with new student transition activities and tours to help them become familiar with our school.
- Assist 3rd & 4th grade students through peer mentoring.
- Play a role in our helpful videos such as Study Skills & Positive Behaviors.
- Be an active organizer, planner, and participant in charitable events and other activities at school.
- Read the morning announcements using our character education program.
- Assist other peers in various ways through special assignment by the school counselor.
What are some of the areas that 5th grade Peer Helpers must understand and follow?
- Peer helpers do not make decisions for others. They give decision making assistance.
- Peer helpers do not solve problems for others. They give problem solving assistance.
5th grade Peer Helpers go through a series of meetings and trainings throughout the school year that will be conducted during their recess and lunch time.