CHARTIERS VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Superintendent Search Update |12.13.17
The Board of School Directors has officially opened the search for the next superintendent of Chartiers Valley. The Board had a good conversation around the skills, qualities and experiences we feel are needed for the next superintendent to successfully lead Chartiers Valley into the future – and we have developed a job posting that reflects those attributes. As the search starts to unfold in the coming days and weeks, we will be updating the community as appropriate, with details on how you can get involved as well! Please be looking for additional details related to the search on this section of the website. Let’s get to work!
The Chartiers Valley Board of School Directors
SUPERINTENDENT: The Chartiers Valley School District (3,214 students; $65 million budget) is looking for its next superintendent. Located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, Chartiers Valley is a school culture that embraces its mission to graduate students who achieve personal success by providing an exceptional academic foundation in a safe, nurturing environment that inspires creativity and innovation while embracing diversity. Therefore, the successful candidate should have the abilities and experiences that position the candidate to work closely with the Board of School Directors, and:
- Possess a proven ability to set standards of organizational excellence;
- Display persuasive communication skills that demonstrates an ability to articulate district initiatives, while showing the temperament that seeks to understand others;
- Effectively oversee the continued design of a well-articulated portfolio of academic and extracurricular programs; and delivered through outstanding teaching and building level-leadership;
- Embrace and explain the strategic logic that connects the renovation of building spaces with the enhancement of student success and wellness;
- Demonstrate skills to thoughtfully hold others accountable for defined results and personal/professional character;
- Display a mindset that invites collaboration with stakeholders and an intentional approach to synthesizing the voices of others into the direction of the district;
- Consistently inspire a school community through articulating visionary leadership, strategic planning and effective interpersonal engagement;
- Understand school budgeting, with the proven ability to work effectively with the administrative team and the Board of School Directors to lead the budgeting process;
- Prioritize the stewardship and full utilization of all taxpayer-sponsored district resources along with the procurement of alternative sources of revenue.
The lead consultant is Tom Templeton, Founder of TEMPLETON Advantage. Candidates who email their cover letter and resume to Mr. Templeton will receive instructions for submitting an application, clearances and other documentation. Candidates should possess or be eligible for the Pennsylvania superintendent letter of eligibility. Appointment expected in the late Spring 2018. The deadline for candidates to be assured consideration is January 31, 2018. Mr. Templeton can be reached at (717) 636-3238, or by email at email@example.com.