Your School Counselor is available by appointment to assist with college & career guidance.
Mrs. Kunkel (A - F), Mrs. O'Malley (G - N), Mrs. Boyd (O - Z)
It's important for a student to find the best "fit" based on their priorities - size, academics, major, location, cost, atmosphere, and feel. By considering a plan for your college career now, you can be more prepared as you take the next step in your education. There are numerous events and resources available at Chartiers Valley High School to assist you throughout this process.
*Admission counselors: Chartiers Valley High School is now using RepVisits; you can now go to https://CounselorCommunity.com to create an account and schedule an appointment with our high school.
College Planning Checklists & Presentations
Freshman & Sophomores
Post Secondary College Planning (event presentation)
Junior College Search
Mock Interview Questions and Tips
College Visit & Job Shadow Form for Excused Absence
Rep Visits on Campus Many representatives schedule visits on campus during the school day. Students can attend meetings if they register prior to the visit AND have permission from their classroom teacher. Students need to make arrangements in advance with their teacher if they are missing class time. Students will be responsible for any missed work. Passes for visits will NOT be given the day of the visit. The list of college visits can be found in Naviance under "What's New" heading. A list is also posted on the daily HS bulletin.
College Application Process
Senior Application Process
Requesting Transcripts & Letters of Recommendation
Transcript Request Form (blue sheet)
School Profile 18-19
College App Fee Waiver Guide
NAVIANCE STUDENT VIDEO TUTORIALS
Common App Matching
Requesting Recommendation Letters
Scholarship info mailed to the high school is posted on Naviance Student.
Log onto Naviance and look for the “Scholarship List” under “Colleges”
However...Organizations don't really send information to high schools anymore as information is readily found on the internet. It is a good idea to utilize online scholarship searches. There are other scholarship sites, but we advise you to to NOT pay for a scholarship search.
Other resources include: Student clubs, sports, & activities. Also employers, organizations, or social clubs parent belong to.
SAT & ACT Dates & Info
General Information for Juniors
SAT Prep - Khan Academy
SAT & ACT Content Info
Test Prep Menu
Chegg's Top 50 Strategies for Test Day
Test Optional Colleges and Universities
Where & How Can You Self - Report
Colleges Requiring the SAT Subject Tests
Colleges Requiring the ACT Writing
NEW SAT to ACT Concordance Table
FREE ACT Test
What IS Financial Aid?
Overview of the Financial Aid Process (Video)
Financial Aid 101 (Powerpoint Presentation)
FAFSA Tip Sheet
PHEAA (PA Higher Education Assistance Agency) Resources
You need to be certified by the NCAA Eligibility Center to compete at an NCAA Division I or II school. How to register
You need to create a Certification Account to make official visits to Divisions I and II schools or to sign a National Letter of Intent.
DI & DII Worksheets
Guide to NCAA Eligibility (Powerpoint Presentation)
CV NCAA Approved Courses
CIHS - Requesting Transcripts
Listing of DUQ Courses
University of Pittsburgh
Rochester Institute of Technology
PTLW - Biomedical Sciences
The Big Ten Admissions Guide
PA State System of Higher Education (PASSCHE) - All PA State Colleges
New Feature of Naviance
Main Features of Naviance Student
Naviance Student makes it easier for students to answer the questions that will shape their future: Who am I? What do I want to be? How will I get there? In addition, how will I succeed? The new design delivers the power of Naviance to students’ fingertips with familiar and intuitive tools that personalize and simplify the college and career planning process.
- Mobile-Friendly: Naviance Student is optimized for students and families to access from any device including smartphones, tablets, Chromebooks, and desktops.
- An exciting new experience is coming in the Fall of 2018. Use SuperMatch™ to receive a list of best-fit schools based on criteria you deem as important in your college search.
- Best Fit Criteria: Expand and Collapse best-fit criteria to get matched with the schools that are the best fit for you.
- Pin Schools: Use the pin feature to keep an eye on schools you are interested in.
- Compare: Compare pinned schools based on the factors that you care for most.
- Favorite: Add schools to the colleges you are thinking about in Naviance Student.
Easy to Use
- Improved Navigation: Students and educators will notice improved navigation and streamlined workflows within the update.
- Resume Export: Students can export resumes in a printer-friendly format.
- Complete online surveys and assessments
- Sign up for college and career visits to CVHS
- Research colleges and careers
- Research scholarships
- Calendar View of Tasks and To-Dos: Students can see when tasks are due in an easy-to-read calendar format.
- Parents can request access to their student’s accounts as view only partners.
All CVHS students have access to Naviance Student. To access the high school Naviance Student website use your Web browser to connect to https://student.naviance.com/chartiersvhs